Dental Hygiene Treatments
Direct access with Hygienist Josefine
Here at BroadSmiles, we offer direct access with the hygienist. This means that there is no need to see a dentist before visiting the hygienist. This can be beneficial as many patients will visit the hygienist more regularly than the dentist.
The role of the hygienist is to assess gum health and screen for gum disease. The hygienist provides gum treatment by removing calcified deposits and a biofilm of bacteria called plaque. In addition to this, the hygienist will educate the patient about the best way to look after their teeth at home.
It is essential to visit a hygienist regularly in order to prevent gum disease. In addition to keeping your mouth healthy, visiting the hygienist has cosmetic benefits such as stain removal.
We believe in offering a personalised hygiene programme with a gentle approach so that all our patients are put at ease and leave with a smile on their face.
Hygienist Josefine at BroadSmiles offer the following treatments:
- Hygiene treatment including scale & polish with oral health assessment
- Hygiene treatment with Airflow followed by oral health assessment
- What is Airflow?
– Airflow is a new approach to balance the microflora in the mouth. It uses flow of air, water and evidence based proven powder to remove plaque in a minimally invasive way Additionally it is excellent in removing staining in smokers, coffee and tea drinkers, etc.
In order to achieve excellent oral hygiene, we recommend regular maintenance appointments with the hygienist.
- Scale and Polish (30 mins)
- Adults: £60
- Children under 18 years old: £45
- Scale and Polish with Airflow (40 mins)
- Adults: £70
- Children under 18 years old: £55